At Active Christians we like to collectively study the Bible through a format of discussion and practical teachings.
- the Bible can be understood through prayer, careful study, reasoning and guidance through the Holy Spirit. Luke 12:12 Romans 8:26
- studying the original Hebrew transcripts of the Bible can reveal a deeper insight into the context and meaning of scripture. Zephaniah 3:9
- the Bible is the true Word of God. 2 Timothy 3:16
- there is only one God. James 2:19
- there is a threefold union of God - God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Each person of God plays a different role but all three work together to form the single Divine identity of whom we know as God. 1 John 5:7
- God the Son, Yeshua (Hebrew name for Jesus Christ) is the Son of God but also God Himself. Luke 1:35 John 1:1, 14 John 10:30
- Yeshua came from Heaven to earth from birth and experienced life through to adulthood. John 6:38
- Yeshua was murdered on a cross in the fulfilment of prophecy to redeem mankind from eternal death which is the penalty of our sins. John 3:16
- because of the penalty that Yeshua paid, there is an opportunity for us all to receive eternal life in heaven. John 10:28-38
- the 10 Commandments are the foundation on which life should be lived. The 10 commandments are still valid today and to break one Commandment is to break all 10 Commandments. James 2:10
20 And God spake all these words, saying,
2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
13 Thou shalt not kill.
14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
15 Thou shalt not steal.
16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
- the only way to receive eternal life in Heaven is to recognise that you are a sinner, to realise that you have broken all of the Commandments and to ask Yeshua for forgiveness. No one can get to the Father except through Yeshua. It doesn't stop there - we also believe that salvation can only be received by those who live a pleasing life for God through seeking Him, honouring His Word and living according to all 10 Commandments with the help of the Holy Spirit. Salvation is not a single decision, it is for those individuals who live Godly lives and endure until the end of their lives. John 3 John 14:6 Revelations 14:12 Matthew 24:13
- you need to ask God to come into your life with the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Luke 11:13
We are currently learning about the Hebrew Feasts and how they are still relevant to keep in this generation.
Recommended: Read The Gospel
Note: This list comprises of our main beliefs however it is not an exhaustive list.